Page titles are a HTML element on a website page that tells search engines what title to display in search results.
Titles indicate proper layout and hierarchy in your content and using them correctly can greatly improve how fast your audience digests the content. It also increases the content reading experience drastically.
When to use
- Use large titles for master page heading. And smaller titles for in-page section headings
- When you want to group and structure all your content neatly.
- Leading Icon: Optionally support the heading with icon.
- Overline text: Used for adding category or label to the heading.
- Heading text: Indicated the page or content heading.
- Description: Optionally add additional information with the heading.
- Actions: Optionally add relevant actions beside the heading.
- Combine titles with relevant CTA’s for indicating master actions.
- Use a dividers where there is closely packed content, and you want to distinguish the title.
- Generally don't use more than one of large heading component on the same page. It confuses the SEO.
Get instant access to over 6,000 Figma Components with Shipfaster UI. A Figma UI Kit & Design system used by over 2,000 designers.
Figma's most powerful and comprehensive UI kit and design system. Get instant access to over 6,000 components.